MICUS Subsidy Consulting
For the federal government and all state governments in Germany, the expansion of fiber optics has top priority. For this reason, there are currently a large number of funding opportunities for the expansion of fiber optics for households, industrial areas, schools, hospitals and individual business locations. In a goal-oriented way, we navigate you through the funding jungle!
For districts, local authorities, school authorities, hospital operators, business development agencies and companies, applying for broadband funding involves a large number of work steps. For these steps, either the necessary human resources or the required expertise are often lacking. For this reason, local authorities can apply for subsidies of EUR 50,000 for consulting services in order to receive qualified support throughout the entire funding process.
As an independent consulting company, MICUS has experience in the field of applying for funding for broadband projects for many years. Our services fulfil all the requirements for consulting activities mentioned in the guideline on broadband funding as well as the associated regulations. These include in particular:
• the recording of the actual situation of the region, especially for scoring (e.g. population density, existing infrastructure, possibilities for co-use),
• a comparison of the project area (cluster) in different scenarios for broadband expansion with regard to different technological approaches, and
• a cost estimate based on our rough planning.
Furthermore, our interdisciplinary team supports our customers in
• the implementation of market consultation procedures
• the identification of eligible NGA areas
• the formation of expansion clusters
• the network planning
• the implementation of an expression of interest procedure
• the application procedure, and
• the tender offer for the development or operation of the network.
The economic consideration of the various expansion concepts is supplemented by a qualitative consideration of whether a profitability gap model or an operator model makes sense. Based on these results, we present alternative scenarios for action and develop a comprehensive strategy for efficient and at the same time future-proof NGA network expansion together with our customers.
We would be pleased to inform you about the funding possibilities for your development case and show you how MICUS can support you in the application procedure and in carrying out all necessary steps for the submission of an application for broadband funding.